[152630] contrib/buildbot-test

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 14 12:49:49 PDT 2016

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 2:44 PM, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On 2016-09-14 21:15, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> The master uses MacPorts in /opt/local for its own software (nginx, buildbot, rsync, etc.). I can manually install anything else there that we need. It's probably not best to automate selfupdating that MacPorts install, but it can have its own install in another prefix that it selfupdates. Giving the buildbot user sudoers access to that port command seems fine.
>
> Currently the only job that would require software would be the
> generation of the guide with the ports: docbook-xsl docbook-xml libxslt
>
> For www, we could add a syntax check of the PHP files to avoid deploying
> anything obviously broken.

I wouldn't bother with that now. It hasn't been a problem so far, and I would prefer if the existing web site didn't stick around too much longer. Let's talk later about replacing it.

> Later I have plans to also add a job for generating HTML versions of the
> new man pages (requires asciidoc) and maybe another one for the Doxygen
> documentation of base (requires doxygen).
>
> The need for additional ports would usually only arise when we add a new
> builder to master.cfg, which also needs to be deployed by you anyway.
> The more I think about it, I come to the conclusion that we probably do
> not even need that automation and could just keep a list of ports that
> should be installed on this worker next to master.cfg.

I'll just add them to the list of dependencies in the infrastructure portfile that I use to install the buildbot master configuration.