Could not open Portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Sep 16 07:04:18 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-16 14:20, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> I’ve hit this scenario a couple of times.  Am I doing something wrong with svn patch?

What is your umask set to? From the permissions it looks like this is
with umask 0077.

I encountered the same problem before. svn patch does not preserve the
permissions of the existing files. Actually this behavior is not even
specific to svn patch, other commands such as svn revert behave the same
way. svn creates a new temporary file with umask applied, deletes the
existing file and moves the new file in place.

Personally, I use ACLs on my ports directory to automatically grant read
permissions to everyone on new files. This also resolves this problem
with svn patch for me.

chmod -R +a "group:everyone allow
read,execute,list,search,file_inherit,directory_inherit" ~/ports

It would be nice to have a better solution for this problem, but the
actual bug is in Subversion.

Rainer