[152743] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Sep 16 08:44:28 PDT 2016

On Sep 16, 2016, at 11:33 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> I would keep this as Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, the name does not change
>> retroactively.
>
> I suppose that's an open question. Previously, I've tried to use the OS marketing name as it was when that OS version was released. Now, I'm thinking we should always use the current marketing name. Do we have any guidance from Apple on what they want people to do?

I don't think the change was retroactive

(for example, Apple Store lists Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard )

back in the pre-history of 'System 7' -> 'Mac OS 7.6', previous versions didn't officially change their name.

--
Daniel J. Luke