Goodbye Mac OS Forge, hello GitHub

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Sep 20 16:53:39 PDT 2016

Hi Craig,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:01:25AM -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> Where does the migration stand now?

Buildbots and mirror infrastructure is moved, the GitHub org is mostly
configured as far as I can see.

We have a new Trac instance with GitHub integration set up, but do not
have the ticket database to test whether we need to do any migration on
the data. Rainer and I are waiting for Ryan to give us a dump for
testing.

We have a copy of Guide & Website running, but we do not have automatic
updates for those yet. We want to use a buildbot job to do this so
failures are easier to debug and more visible. The buildslave that is
supposed to run this job isn't available yet.

We need a converted Git repository set up to automatically import new
SVN commits so that our infrastructure that relies on input from
repositories (e.g. the buildbots) can be switched to Git. I think the
conversion rules should be good to go, but IIRC Ryan wanted to do some
commit message rewriting for ticket references. I'm not sure what the
state on this is.

--
Clemens Lang