No Xcode 8 CLT for El Capitan

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:02:48 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Marko Käning <mk-macports at posteo.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is no CLT for Xcode 8?
>
> How come Xcode 8.0 tells me in "Preferences/Locations" that it uses CLT "Xcode 8.0 (8A218a)”!

Launching the Xcode 8 application should resolve the license issue.

> I recently ran into this issue
> ---
> :info:configure
> :info:configure    Xcode not set up properly. You may need to confirm the license
> :info:configure    agreement by running /usr/bin/xcodebuild without arguments.
> :info:configure
> ---
> with Xcode 8 on El-Capitan myself when trying to install port:qt5(-kde).
>

> Qt’s configure script errors out because of a non-found xcrun:

The xcrun copy in Xcode.app has been deprecated out in favor of the
system copy in /usr/bin.
Upstream qt development fixed this issue by changing the failing test
for xcrun to one for xcodebuild.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52200