depends_build port:doxygen and +universal (or +docs)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:07:02 PDT 2016

Hi,

Is there a way to stop certain variants from propagating to dependencies?

I'd like to use `depends_build-append port:doxygen` for +docs variants, but

- calling the variant +docs causes port:doxygen to install (or reinstalll!) with +docs, which adds lots of dependencies, and big ones at that (TeX)
- if the target port is requested +universal this also causes doxygen to be (re)installed with +universal, which again isn't necessary at all.

I see I can use depends_run-append port:doxygen as a workaround, but that's not really a correct solution ...

Thanks,
René