depends_build port:doxygen and +universal (or +docs)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 26 03:00:44 PDT 2016

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 11:13 AM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 22, 2016, at 9:07 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way to stop certain variants from propagating to dependencies?
>
> I'm pretty sure there is no way to do this. No clean way, at least.
>
>> I'd like to use `depends_build-append port:doxygen` for +docs variants, but
>>
>> - calling the variant +docs causes port:doxygen to install (or reinstalll!) with +docs, which adds lots of dependencies, and big ones at that (TeX)

If you "sudo port install" some port that depends on doxygen, and you request variants doxygen provides:

* If doxygen is not installed, doxygen will be installed with the those variant.
* If doxygen is already installed, it will not be reinstalled with those variants.

> I don't know if doxygen itself installs any libraries or headers; if not, it should use
>
> 	installs_libs no
>
> so that dependents don't have to use depends_skip_archcheck.

I think that's what it should do. It installs bin/doxygen and then stuff in share.