buildpath conf variable

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:34:20 PDT 2016

On Monday September 26 2016 12:59:17 Ken Cunningham wrote:

> At $0.50 (canadian) per GB, I put them in most of my systems -- even a 120GB version in my Beige G3 running MacOS 9.2.2. Now that is something to see!

The figure is the same here, except they're Euros. The 1Tb disk in my MBP came in at about 0.07€/Gb. Not a factor 10 anymore, but close enough.

The cheap Linux notebook I offered myself a few months ago came with a Seagate SSHD. A bit more expensive that the Hitachi (so-called) 1Tb hybrid in my Mac, possibly not as reliable, but I have been pleased with its speed.

R.