[macports-ports] branch master updated: mosh: 1.3.0, switch to CommonCrypto

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 1 17:48:08 UTC 2017

> On Mar 31, 2017, at 16:37, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>
> Clemens Lang (neverpanic) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/216bfe002ea78203d6ad4bfd19926147a95637d3
>
> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>
>      new 216bfe0  mosh: 1.3.0, switch to CommonCrypto
>
> 216bfe0 is described below
>

> commit 216bfe002ea78203d6ad4bfd19926147a95637d3
>
> Author: Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org>
> AuthorDate: Thu Mar 30 21:46:08 2017 +0200
>

>     mosh: 1.3.0, switch to CommonCrypto
>

>     Update to 1.3.0 and switch back to CommonCrypto, dropping the OpenSSL
>
>     dependency now that older systems should work with CommonCrypto with
>
>       https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52222
>
>     fixed upstream.
>

>     This reverts commit fbcb8396fcf918f4fdf0da2519ed259e724d192f.
>

>     Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53870
>
>     See: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52222

Mountain Lion works with CommonCrypto, but Lion and earlier now fails with:

configure: error: Apple Common Crypto header not found

The previous version of the port was still building successfully on Leopard and later. We may not care about systems so old anymore, but I wanted to make sure we were making this decision deliberately.

The port could use openssl on Lion and earlier and CommonCrypto on Mountain Lion and later, if CommonCrypto is really better than openssl.