Registering a device with a particular software

Sébastien DEWAILLY sebastien at idip-pc.fr
Sun Apr 9 06:20:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want to use a  device with one of your softwares but when I want to
register it, it doesn't find the executable. In fact, I installed it via
port command and the path to executable is not correct, the script try
to launch /usr/bin/*Reg but the executable is actually in /opt/local/bin.

My question: Is it possible to install the software in /usr via port
command?

Or, do I have to dive into makefiles to properly configure the
installation process?

thx, Sébastien

PS. It seems to be possible to launch the installation, running make
command. Am I right?