get user's home

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Aug 4 20:58:49 UTC 2017

On 2017-8-5 06:46 , Umesh Singla wrote:
> On a side note, I didn't get this part:
>
>     The user installing the port is not necessarily the one that will
>     use it.

Suppose a port is built on the buildbot. The user is 'buildbot' and so
the value of $user_home will be something like '/Users/buildbot'. An end
user then installs the port on their system. The value of $user_home
will be different, for example '/Users/steve'. So if anything involving
the value of $user_home ended up in the binary archive, it is wrong on
the user's system.

- Josh