[MacPorts] Migration modified

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Aug 29 15:00:04 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-29 16:41, Arno Hautala wrote:
> Just as a message is sent to the user list when a new MacPorts version
> is posted, a message could be sent when a new OS is released that
> reminds users that migration will be required.

Such a message would probably only reach a small amount of users...

Before we discuss more workarounds, I still see no reason why it would
be required to run these steps before upgrading the OS. Otherwise I
would prefer to go back to the old order of steps that always work and
are less confusing.

Rainer