Fixing pypi2port

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Aug 30 13:12:50 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-30 13:06, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Do we have any guidelines about how to properly fix ports whose
> sources lived in out subversion repository?

The sources are now here in macports-contrib:
https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/tree/master/pypi2port

> The pypi2port sources should be updated to:
> - switch from svn to git for the source

I guess you mean in the Portfile for pypi2port?

In the Portfile, we should just use "version YYYYMMDD" and specify
commit hashes to identify the version. However, I do not think GitHub
allows us to download a single directory of the macports-contrib
repository, so fetching via the svn bridge might be an option.

> - replace py34 with 36
> - fix master_sites to use the new pypi syntax

These are already implemented on master.

Rainer