[macports-ports] branch master updated: PG snowleopard_fixes: don't require depends_lib-append

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 18:04:56 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-04, at 9:26 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> +    if {${snowleopard_fixes.addheader} eq "yes"} {
>> +        configure.cxxflags-append -include ${prefix}/include/snowleopardfixes.h
>> +    }
>

> Is the header only needed for C++ code? Not for C code?

The header is almost never needed, but on one or two occasions, I had to use it. So I kept it there for people to use as an easy fix attempt if adding the library alone doesn't work.

The proper fix is the "include_next" approach I wrote to you about a few months ago, but that is tricky to implement correctly, and so far has not been needed. I may work on that more at some point, if we run into a situation we can't get through otherwise.