Too many compilers needed for C++11

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Dec 7 06:27:28 UTC 2017

On 6 December 2017 at 15:20, db wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2017, at 00:46, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>> clang/llvm 5.0 is the current cxx11 1.1 compiler, so that is what is being called up.
>
> Shouldn't such portgroup dependencies be listed by `port rdeps`? I don't see it, for example, in highlight.

What I think happened is that clang-5.0 was not installed, so MacPorts
wanted to build it first, but it needed a compiler to build 5.0 and
went for clang-4.0 for that. But clang-4.0 was not installed either,
so it needed to build it first and had to pick a suitable compiler for
that and so went for clang-3.9 for that job (3.9 was marked as "failed
in an earlier attempt" due to problems with cmake, so it didn't build
anything at all).

It's just unconfirmed speculation though.

Mojca