Too many compilers needed for C++11

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 7 06:29:11 UTC 2017

On Dec 6, 2017, at 08:20, db wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2017, at 00:46, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>> clang/llvm 5.0 is the current cxx11 1.1 compiler, so that is what is being called up.
>
> Shouldn't such portgroup dependencies be listed by `port rdeps`? I don't see it, for example, in highlight.

They are, if you're running on an OS version where those dependencies are added.

In this case, the message "Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option" indicates that the port is not expected to build at all. (I don't know why MacPorts base considers this a warning, rather than an immediate-exit error.) The list of compiler dependencies is also probably wrong because of the wrong (first fallback) compiler MacPorts is attempting to use. If the port is expected to build, then the blacklisting specified by one or more of the ports is wrong.

$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.8.5
BuildVersion:	12F2560
$ port rdeps highlight
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
The following ports are dependencies of highlight @3.40_1:
  boost
    zlib
      xz