Too many compilers needed for C++11

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 14:56:14 UTC 2017

On 7 Dec 2017, at 14:51, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Looks correct to me; the system clang will be used for C++11 on 10.8 with libc++ (assuming most recent possible Xcode).

Ok. Out of curiosity, I tried on a 10.8-VM that's not set to build from source, with CLT, no Xcode — to install highlight and it succeeds if I manually add some variables to the command. These are the rdeps, which are still different from Ryan's output.

$ port rdeps highlight
Warning: port definitions are more than two weeks old, consider updating them by running 'port selfupdate'.
Error:
Error: No Xcode installation was found.
Error: Please install Xcode and/or run xcode-select to specify its location.
Error:
Warning: xcodebuild exists but failed to execute
Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting to first fallback option
Error: Port libidn2 not found
The following ports are dependencies of highlight @3.41_0:
  boost
    zlib