does cmake really need to blacklist macports-clang >= 3.8?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 17:31:57 UTC 2017

> But come to think of it, if the commandline configure.compiler override is not a glitch in my local install it also means that this concern is moot.

As an aside, I make extensive use of the command line configure.compiler override and also the default_compiler setting in macports.conf being able to overcome all compiler blacklisting and setting done in the Portfile. It is often needed / useful / required.

I would humbly request we do not change this behaviour, as it is very useful.

Ken