[macports-ports] branch master updated: minetest: new port

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 01:15:22 UTC 2017

> On Dec 10, 2017, at 4:54 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> +# also need the minetest game
>> +
>> +post-extract {
>> + system -W ${worksrcpath} "curl --output minetest-game.tar.gz https://codeload.github.com/minetest/minetest_game/tar.gz/${version}"
>> + system -W ${worksrcpath} "tar xvf minetest-game.tar.gz"
>> + system -W ${worksrcpath} "mv minetest_game-${version} minetest_game"
>> +}
>
> Please don't fetch files in the extract phase. Fetch in the fetch phase.
>
> Please don't fetch files manually if possible. Instead, use the existing MacPorts mechanisms for downloading multiple files (distfiles, master_sites, :tags).

You know, I totally cannot figure out after nearly two years of Port development how to do this using MacPorts mechanisms, if it is possible at all.

Please educate me on the correct way you would like this done, when you have a moment.

( I put it in post-extract so it wouldn’t mess up the github portgroup’s fetching.)

Ken