ansible replacement by py-ansible

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:08:00 UTC 2017

I tried upgrading ansible from 2.3.2.0.1_1 to 2.3.2.0.1_2 and it failed. The log showed a conflict with ansible (sic) so I cat'ed the portfile and noticed the ui_error in the pre-configure phase stating its replacement by py-ansible and some instructions. So I did install py-ansible and it failed with the following error.

--->  Extracting py-ansible
Error: Failed to patch py-ansible: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_github.com_macports_macports-ports_python_py-ansible/py-ansible/work/ansible-2.4.2.0: no such file or directory

I remembered a similar error with subports and did a quick try installing py27-ansible and it succeeded, but it wasn't marked as requested.

I don't see a ticket in the tracker, so I'll file one shortly.

Why is py27-ansible not marked as requested?

How can you catch that ui_error error while upgrading in the portfile?