New ocaml category?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sun Dec 17 01:36:06 UTC 2017

There are currently over 300 ocaml packages in devel/

I would like to create a new "ocaml" category and move them all into
a top level "ocaml" directory.

Questions:

0) If I am not mistaken, all that needs to be done to create the new
category is to create the "ocaml" directory. Is there any file
etc. that needs updating?

1) I believe it would be appropriate to do the move with a single git
commit. Is this correct?

2) Should I explicitly add the "ocaml" category to the categories line
of all these packages at the same time? Or should that be a distinct
commit?

3) Many of the packages list themselves as being in an "ml"
category. Given that OCaml really isn't standard ML at all, I'm
thinking of removing that category from them. Is that okay?

Note that a lot of these packages are crusty/old/don't build any more,
but I'll be fixing that over a long period of time.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com