MacPorts Meeting 2018

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Dec 19 05:56:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone who pre-registered.

The price quote I received from location where we had the meeting in
2016 is now prohibitively pricy (more than double), so we are now
actively searching for another place unless they decide to drop the
price considerably. I have a few locations in mind, but we'll try to
pick the best one ASAP.

One location with super tasty food and very friendly people is
"Penzion Sinji vrh" near Col, Ajdovščina which is a bit less than 2
hours driving from the Austrian border and a bit more than one hour
drive from Italy. It might still be covered by snow (but no ski
resort), but if you love strong wind and warm wooden stove for
brainstorming, this might be perfect. In case of bad weather there
might be problems with connectivity (on top of a hill in the middle of
nowhere). We would need to organize pickups since public
transportation is basically non-existant. But we'll keep searching
around.

Based on responses we would be aiming at March, probably the second
half, so we need to hurry up with decisions anyway.

Mojca