Question about meson and boost libraries

Benjamin Redelings benjamin.redelings at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 00:10:18 UTC 2017

Thanks for all the really helpful comments!  I'm also sticking
mlog.warning( ) comments into the meson code to find things, and I
figured out why the link isn't happening.

I have a fix to finding boost libraries with a -mt suffix in meson here:

     https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/pull/2824

However, even after that fix I have to define BOOST_ROOT=/opt/local to
find boost.  For manual builds, if don't do PATH=/opt/local:$PATH then
meson uses pkgconfig from homebrew and runs the wrong pkg-config.  But
with those options, at last the configure step succeeds.

-BenRI