set merger_configure_env question

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 19:26:27 UTC 2017

> On Dec 30, 2017, at 11:00 AM, Marcus Calhoun-Lopez <mcalhoun at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Ken Cunningham
> <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>> configure.env-append libIDL_cv_long_long_format=ll
> I would respectfully suggest that this is not a good fix.
> As much as possible, we want the configure script to determine proper settings.
> That is what all the "shenanigans" are for.
>
> -Marcus

Well  this question was more about how to set an environment variable in all archs that the universal Portgroup is going to build.

And it turns out it’s trivial, which is great!

For libidl, somebody once upon a time figured out how to make it work.

As instructed, I’ll leave the libidl Portfile as it is for now though — although it’s broken, to be honest, so why?

Ken