[GSoC] Announcing Google Summer of Code 2017 and Google Code-in 2016

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Feb 1 13:38:33 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-23 07:03, Jackson Isaac wrote:
> Google is accepting applications from projects. Would like to know if
> MacPorts would be participating this year ? Looking forward for an
> awesome Summer.

We skipped last year because we felt like we had too much stuff lying
around that was not integrated into base. That turned out well, as we
were also quite busy with the migration.

As there was no reaction yet, what is the feeling about returning this
year? Anyone up for being the organization contact handing in the
application, coordinating potential mentors, and collecting ideas?

The deadline is next Thursday, February 9th,
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

Rainer