GitHub usernames in maintainers field

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Feb 4 16:07:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 03:12:27PM -0800, Eitan Adler wrote:
> > maintainers     {jmr @jmroot} openmaintainer
>
> Why did we choose to do it this way instead of a central list of email
> -> github mapping? This method requires some level of replication.

Ports can exists outside of a port repository. External repositories
could have different assignments, Portfiles could even exist without a
mapping file at all.

All problems that could have been solved, but presumably in the long run
more and more people will just have their GitHub username in Portfiles,
so this is easier and quicker to implement for now.

--
Clemens