GitHub usernames in maintainers field

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Feb 13 07:49:42 UTC 2017

On 12 February 2017 at 06:12, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2017-2-12 12:07 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> The mega $Id$ removal commit also exposed a limitation of the GitHub
>> git-to-svn gateway, which we are using on our server in the mprsyncup
>> script. I reported the limitation to GitHub and they said they would look
>> into it but I don't know if they've fixed it. I believe we can avoid
>> triggering this limitation again by not modifying too many files in a single
>> commit. If we hit the limitation again, manual intervention is required to
>> throw away the Subversion working copy on the server, and then after the new
>> working copy is checked out the portindexes get regenerated, which takes
>> hours; I want to avoid going through all that hassle ever again.
>
> This at least could be avoided by checking out directly from git, I presume?

There is also no need to do a single commit. We can do one commit per
folder or so.

Do we have a ticket to "upgrade" mprsyncup to use git?

Mojca

PS: In any case the optimisation of with huge builds on the buildbot
is currently in a much better shape than it used to be a few months
back. Builds of ports with known-to-fail dependencies are no longer
attempted, existing packages are not rebuilt, problems with 45 minutes
of waiting time on 10.5 were fixed ...

Regarding the desire to build all ports at some point, I would still
be in favour of supporting meta port names on the buildbot
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52989