build progress bar

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 01:46:35 UTC 2017

On Saturday February 18 2017 17:57:04 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> The muniversal portgroup used to say "building for i386", "building for x86_64", but this was removed, perhaps because it was thought to be confusing that some ports were printing this information and others weren't.

I never saw that, but that's exactly what it prints for me now.

> Nobody's going to remember to update that number when the update a port to a new version number.

Maybe, but you can say the same thing about updating the database.

Either way that's all a bit premature, let's first see how we can get a basic version to work. I've got the scan logic working but am still looking for inspiration how to move it to the cmake PortGroup and inject it into base from there.
But above all I need to understand how to get at the port client's progressbar functions from macports.tcl .

R.