build progress bar

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 10:10:50 UTC 2017

On Saturday February 18 2017 21:59:25 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> I never saw that, but that's exactly what it prints for me now.
>
>I... remembered that being removed. But it hasn't been. Huh.

Huh indeed. I remember hacking it in myself ...!

>The idea was that the buildbot would update the database automatically after each build.

I just closed the ticket window but I distinctly remember reading something about users opting in to provide the information. Maybe that applied only to ports not handled by the bots.
The one advantage of letting bots define this information is that you'd get OS version specific counts which is probably necessary anyway. But I don't really like the idea that each `port build` would query a remote server; I'd much prefer for the database to be installed locally and updated through `port selfupdate`.

R.