Resolving pull request conflicts

John Patrick nhoj.patrick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 10:31:21 UTC 2017

If you edit the file the change is then tagging against you.

How I would resolve it is.
1) fetch the latest branch (either develop/master depending how git is
being used)
2) merge latest branch into your pull request branch
2.1) I usually do this with --no-commit
2.2) fix merge comflicts
2.3) commit with git commit --no-edit
3) push your pull request branch again

Not sure if this is how mac ports developers want to use git, realise
mac ports are still only just moving over to git but that is how i've
been doing pull request conflicts for other projects for 3-4 years.

John