[MacPorts] #53252: Inkscape 0.92.0_1 quartz variant does not install

David Evans devans at macports.org
Sun Jan 8 20:22:38 CET 2017

On 1/8/17 10:59 AM, MacPorts wrote:
> #53252: Inkscape 0.92.0_1 quartz variant does not install
> -------------------------+------------------------------
>  Reporter:  Gord-Butler  |      Owner:
>      Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
>  I attempted to install the quartz variant of Inkscape 0.92.0_1 on a
>  MacBook Pro running OS 10.9. The install halted after the build of cairomm
>  (1.10.0_3?) failed. The reason given for the failure was cairo must be
>  installed with +x11. i attempted to install cairomm again, with +x11, as
>  well as attempting to install Inkscape with the default variant (port
>  install inkscape) and by invoking +x11. All those attempts failed, with
>  the same error stating cairo must be installed with +x11.
>
>  Terminal output and port log files from attempts to install the quartz
>  variant, default variant and x11 variant are attached to the ticket.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53252>
> MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
> Ports system for macOS

You need to have cairo cairomm pango pangomm installed with +quartz but you
seem to have other versions installed that want +x11.

These ports can install with both +x11 +quartz (the default actually) so
the thing to do is to install them that way and everone will be happty.

sudo port install cairo pango cairomm pangomm

should do it since +quartz +x11 is the default for these ports.

use

port installed cairo pango cairomm pangomm | grep active

to see how they are installed.  The result needs to be

  cairo @1.14.8_0+quartz+x11 (active)
  cairomm @1.10.0_3+quartz+x11 (active)
  pango @1.40.3_1+quartz+x11 (active)
  pangomm @2.36.0_0+quartz+x11 (active)

Next check to see how gtk2 is installed this should be

port installed gtk2

  gtk2 @2.24.31_0+quartz (active)

if not

sudo port install gtk2 +quartz

Finally make sure that the following are installed +quartz (and active)

gtkmm                          @2.24.5_1+quartz (active)
gtkspell2                      @2.0.16_6+quartz (active)

If you get this far then you should be able to build inkscape +quartz without problems.

Dave

Dave