Why does libunistring depends on texlive?

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Fri Jan 13 11:42:01 UTC 2017

Folks,

I was in the process of upgrading ffmpeg when I suddenly jumped out of my chair: the build was trying to pull in the bloated texlive source.

I traced that spurious dependency to libunistring. Commenting out the dependency on texlive-basic does not produce any side effect (AFAIK): the package compiles and installs fine.

Since libunistring has no official maintainer, I’m going to push my Portfile version unless someone objects to it.

Cheers,
Vincent