Handling C++11

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:15:07 UTC 2017

It's growing on me.

This will be quite useful on 10.4 and 10.5 PPC, where it's the only
way forward, for gtk3 for example.

I noticed this method enables thread-local storage on 10.6, which
until now was not available (at least I didnt' figure it out).

There is a flag to compile libgcc so it defaults to the
gcc4-compatible ABI by default, for all those situations where the
CXX_FLAGS don't seem to be working right.

It looks like a nice option to have available for some situations,
therefore, even if the world of macports has moved on to libc++ and
that is the future.

Thanks for sorting it out.