[macports-ports] branch master updated: fontconfig: support mpkg/mdmg packaging, add postinstall script to initialize/update font cache. Fixes #53350

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Jan 21 14:53:22 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-21 15:42, Kevin Reid wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org
> <mailto:ryandesign at macports.org>> wrote:
>
>     GitHub doesn't have server-side pre-commit hooks.
>

> It does have pre-(merge or push) hooks, in the form of “status checks”.

As far as I understand it, GitHub offers that only for pull requests,
which will not check any commits that are pushed directly. Is there
anything we have been missing?

Direct pushes are the normal way we are working, because submitted pull
requests usually need additional work before they can be accepted into
master (like squashing commits, fixing commit messages, etc.).

A pre-commit hook in the local git repostiory requires manual setup,
which will probably only be done by those who are already careful.

Personally, I would not want to make GitHub API calls every time I make
a local git commit. Especially not when I am doing intermediate commits
that I am later squashing before pushing.

Rainer