Your message to macports-changes awaits moderator approval

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Jan 25 14:41:11 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-25 13:50, John Patrick wrote:
> I'm getting these emails too for pull requests I created that have
> been approved.
>
> Is someone able to whitelist github sending emails to the
> macport-changes list...

Sorry for the inconvenience, these mails are certainly not intended to
go out to you.

This is not GitHub, we generate these mails using git-multimail after
receiving the WebHook notification, with the JSON being piped into the
trac-github-update.py hook [1].

For example, this is the corresponding report:
---
Your message was held for moderation because SpamAssassin gave the
message a score of 6.2 for the following reasons:

HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS, HEADER_SPAM, HTML_MESSAGE,
HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG, MIME_HTML_ONLY, NO_RELAYS, TO_NO_BRKTS_HTML_ONLY,
URIBL_BLOCKED
---

Unfortunately, this report does not include the individual scores, but
probably the highest score was given for the spoofed From address and
the HTML only content.

Maybe we should change to only one static sender instead of spoofing the
>From address, which would also avoid this backscatter of moderation
notices. Thoughts?

SpamAssassin is integrated into mailman via the global pipeline [2],
such that all posts for all mailing lists are filtered through that
first. Before being handed off to mailman, postfix already adds an
Approved header with the corresponding list post password to the mail.
This is apparently not enough to circumvent/pass the spam filter.

I manually moderated all the mails in the queue right now.

Rainer

[1]
https://github.com/macports/trac.macports.org/blob/master/plugins/hooks/trac-github-update.py
[2] http://www.jamesh.id.au/articles/mailman-spamassassin/