Travis: failed build reported as successful

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Jul 1 07:21:42 UTC 2017

On 1 July 2017 at 09:04, Zero King <l2dy at macports.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 07:51:12AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> I tried to figure out where you call (anything that calls) portindex,
>> but no luck :).
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/_ci/bootstrap.sh#L18

I'm sorry, I was looking at runner forever ...

I would say that
    portindex || exit 1
should work.

When individual steps could fail and when I wanted to proceed
executing the script to the end, I usually wrote a function that
checked for failure status and only reported / generated a failure at
the end. But I guess you can safely exit if portindex fails
(potentially add some explicit sentence saying so if it's not clear
from the error message).

Mojca