Travis: failed build reported as successful

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Sat Jul 1 08:06:02 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 09:21:42AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>I would say that
>    portindex || exit 1
>should work.

Does this make a difference? `portindex` returns 0 (success) even if
parse error occurred.

>When individual steps could fail and when I wanted to proceed
>executing the script to the end, I usually wrote a function that
>checked for failure status and only reported / generated a failure at
>the end. But I guess you can safely exit if portindex fails
>(potentially add some explicit sentence saying so if it's not clear
>from the error message).

If portindex couldn't parse the Portfile, I'd say we shouldn't waste
Travis's resource on the PR.

Another problem is that if our master branch contains broken Portfiles
(committed between PR parent commit and Travis build), should the build
fail and warn us or should we filter the irrelevant errors?

--
Best regards,
Zero King

Don't trust the From address.