registry with multiple portfiles

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 18:15:27 UTC 2017

On 11 Jul 2017, at 19:21, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
>> I think I might explain this case — but not others. While writing the portfile for py-ipaddr in vim I saved it and stopped the process, then installed/uninstalled the port and made some corrections in the portfile, repeat. Does it sound plausible?
> Sure. I don't think we have code to roll back the copying of the Portfile to the registry directory if we get interrupted by a signal mid-install.

I didn't interrupt during port installation, but vim's editing process between installations.

I re-checked the terminal buffer and noticed this message

$ sudo port install py-textfsm
Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.

py-textfsm has 3 files in the registry.

> Hard to say how right or wrong this is without also seeing what 'port installed bison' reports, but in general these files are supposed to be deleted when the last port that references them is uninstalled.

$ port installed bison
None of the specified ports are installed.

In my logs I realised that it was installed once last year and twice the present, possibily as a run dep.