registry with multiple portfiles

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 19:50:53 UTC 2017

On 13 Jul 2017, at 18:08, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Fixed in master: <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/6c8c70b370753b9015400b27afdcd303b7a0cb63>

I understand that there's no additional name field for subports in the registry and that they have the same hash. But I don't get how the additional checking you introduced would prevent this from happening (I cannot speak the details of tcl though). Neither I understand how only portfiles of these 15 out of ~130 ports that have subports/are subports were left in the registry. Only thing that widly comes to mind — I haven't modified their portfiles locally, but AFAIR of dependents on these while interrupting vim's editing process, but again that would have meant leaving orphaned dirs for other ports too.