Petulant buildbots

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Sun Jul 16 20:08:39 UTC 2017

> On Jul 16, 2017, at 1:38 PM, Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:30:13AM -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>> I’ve updated mkvtoolnix to 13.0.0. On my main system (OS X 10.10,
>> Xcode 7.2.1) it builds and runs without issue.  Building in trace mode
>> did not work
>
> Why did the build in trace mode not work?

Thanks for the gentle tap with the ‘clue-by-four’.  ;)  I missed that trace mode was the same error as on the buildbots.  (Lots of extraneous lines related to Qt, etc.)

I think the relevant message is:

Warning: The following existing files were hidden from the build system by trace mode:
  /opt/local/bin/ar
[…]
  /opt/local/share/xsl/docbook-xsl/manpages/docbook.xsl

The file that configure wants to test xsltproc with is hidden.  Why would that be?  It is installed by dock-xsl which is a dep of po4a.  mkvtoolnix has a build dependency on po4a.

[…]
> The failing test is
>  https://github.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/blob/master/ac/ax_docbook.m4#L51
> Do you happen to have the config.log for this? It should have more info
> on why this failed.

The relevant bits seem to be:

configure:10880: checking for pandoc
configure:10913: result: no
configure:10928: checking for DocBook XSL root directory
configure:10930: result: using supplied /opt/local/share/xsl/docbook-xsl
configure:10967: checking for xsltproc
configure:10969: result: using supplied /opt/local/bin/xsltproc
configure:11018: checking whether xsltproc works
configure:11036: result: no
configure:11040: error: xsltproc doesn't work with DocBook's /opt/local/share/xsl/docbook-xsl/manpages/docbook.xsl

Craig