[GSoC] migration

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jul 22 01:56:32 UTC 2017

On 2017-7-21 08:22 , Umesh Singla wrote:
>     > When we install, is it fine to use [mportexec $workername $install_target] from migrate.tcl?
>
>     I’m sorry, I don’t know base well enough to answer this. Can you
>     please ask Clemens or Josh?
>

> @Clemens @Josh, can you clarify this?

If that's running in the same interpreter as port.tcl and macports.tcl,
then yes.

> For now, I'd like to ask in what order does
> "registry::entry imaged" returns the port list? Because I'm running the
> sorting function which the restore_ports.tcl uses but it's giving me the
> ports in the same order as result.

Probably just ordered by rowid, i.e. might as well be random. Note that
the sort_ports proc from restore_ports.tcl does not take a list of
registry references like registry::entry returns, but a list of strings
representing port names, versions and variants in the format generated
by 'port installed'.

- Josh