Whether to add "by: committer" label?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jul 27 14:34:08 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-27 16:14, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 27 July 2017 at 06:13, Zero King wrote:
>> The "by: committer" label only provides extra information if the PR
>> sender is a committer but the port maintainer is not because the port
>> maintainer can only see the Member label on public members of the
>> macports organization (18 public, 65 total).

We used "committer" for our Subversion repository, but please follow the
GitHub terminology and use "member" instead of another term for the same
thing. (I know the old term is still used in the guide, though.)

>> This is a trivial use case and if all our committers set this visibility
>> to public, the label would be useless. So, should I add it to the PR bot
>> or simply ask our members to make their membership public?
>
> I already suggested at the beginning that this piece of information
> would be useful even if it provides slightly "duplicate" data.
> Personally I would like to see that label (but have no strong opinion
> in case other people object).

We cannot enforce members to set the visibility to public and should not
spend too much energy on telling everyone to do so.

I think such a label could be useful.

Rainer