streamline github dev process

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Thu Jun 1 01:43:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-31 20:42, Joshua Root wrote:
> That's an unavoidable side effect of rebasing (or squashing) -- it's no
> longer the same commit that you signed.
Right, this is why one usually does a merge with --no-ff. Thus my commit
is intact and the merge commiter gets their own commit. Problem solved.

There's no reason for doing it any other way.

Why do a rebase for a PR? Especially in this project it's highly
unlikely that there will be a conflict. But even if there were, the same
conflict would have happened with a rebase.

Cheers,
 K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek