[GSoC] Progress Report

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jun 5 12:08:20 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-05 03:17, Zero King wrote:
> All information CI bot have access to is public, so I'm worried that
> someone would send PR bot data without submitting a PR at all.

Make the PR bot pull data from Travis. The CI bot then only triggers the
PR bot, which then checks for new unprocessed builds on Travis.

>> You asked about extraction of list of ports which is currently a
>> combination of
>>
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/blob/f79cc559611e5f42dd26808f38cd0750beee12bf/buildbot/master.cfg#L32
>>
>> and list-subports in mpbb. I guess the first function could be
>> implemented in mpbb instead. And maybe mpbb could get some more
>> branching (if-else statements) depending on whether it runs for
>> "production" (buildbot) or "testing" (Travis). Or maybe some
>> functionality from mpbb could even move to the MacPorts core.
>
> mpbb has a dependency on getopt, so it's not ideal for Travis since
> there's a time limit for each build and I'd like to save more time for
> actually testing ports.

How is getopt relevant for the timing? If the dependency on getopt is a
problem, let's find a portable solution for mpbb. Duplicating the exact
same functionality we already have does not make sense to me.

Rainer