Travis and "rebase before commit"

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 22 14:07:25 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-22 08:14, Sterling P. Smith wrote:
> The simple solution is to allow the "Rebase"  option in GitHub.

It is enabled and the default. The thing is that in the Mojca's workflow
for editing the PR commits, you would still need to push to the PR
branch, wait for Travis to finish and approve the change, then merge.
Otherwise GitHub does not recognize the PR as merged.

In my opinion, this behavior can be considered the correct way, as this
ensures the additional changes you made to the PR are tested once again.

However, as noted before, you can also add a "Closes: #xxx" to the
commit message to make GitHub recognize a merged PR. That also removes
the need to push to the PR branch, you can just publish to master directly.

To make it clearer, I rewrote the instructions on the wiki and added
these two options:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit#a3.Publishchanges

Rainer