Cmake, Xcode 9, MacOS 10.13 and utimensat

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Mon Jun 26 18:58:14 UTC 2017

Guys,

I’ve been installing the new Xcode 9 (beta) and upgrading my ports.
Cmake got bumped to 3.8.2

Then, a couple of ports onwards, I got this error:

> dyld: Symbol not found: _utimensat
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/cmake
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Rolling back to the log of Cmake compilation, I found:

> Checking whether CXX compiler has utimensat - yes

Problem is, I can’t find that routine in libSystem.B.dylib, neither in 10.12 nor in 10.13.

So I’m a bit at a loss here. Could that be a bug in Xcode?

Thanks for any piece of advice,
Vincent

PS : I’m going to uninstall Cmake and reinstall it from binaries.