clean install simulation mode?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 08:39:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

A user of my macstrop ports tree is reporting a conflict I cannot reproduce, at least not without uninstalling or deactivating lots of ports that I need to keep online.

Is there some way to get port to behave as if it needs to install everything, or at least run the Portfiles of all dependencies so I can follow all relevant diagnostic output? It's not perfectly clear to me if `port rdeps` indeed does that.

To be more specific: I'd like to follow the propagation of a variant through the dependency calculations via a print probe in a PortGroup. That variant is set as a default_variant in said PortGroup and I have the impression it doesn't propagate the same way a variant set by the user does.

Thanks,
R.