buildbot: +quartz ?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Mar 4 03:26:23 UTC 2017

On 4 March 2017 at 03:51, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> I know that we would like to find a clean solution to building ports with non-default variants.  As an interim step, however, I wonder if we might consider a buildbot that is configured to default to “+quartz”?

We don't even need a separate buildbot. Just a relatively simple
improvement to the existing buildbot.

See:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52742

I suggested adding a field to allow manually specifying arbitrary
values for variants. But we would need some automatism as well.
Perhaps something like the following:

    If variant quartz exists, build the port once again, but this time
with '+quartz'

but covering all corner cases (when +x11 +quartz is allowed together
and when it is not ...).

Mojca