buildbot: +quartz ?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Mon Mar 20 17:57:59 UTC 2017

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 12:48 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 4, 2017, at 08:10, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at macports.org> wrote:

>>> We don't even need a separate buildbot. Just a relatively simple
>>> improvement to the existing buildbot.
>>>
>>> See:
>>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52742
>>>
>>> I suggested adding a field to allow manually specifying arbitrary
>>> values for variants. But we would need some automatism as well.
>>> Perhaps something like the following:
>>>
>>> If variant quartz exists, build the port once again, but this time
>>> with '+quartz'
>>>
>>> but covering all corner cases (when +x11 +quartz is allowed together
>>> and when it is not …).
>>
>> If we use the existing buildbot instances, won’t they they try to upload built binaries to packages.macports.org?
>
> Of course. Isn't that what you're asking for? If not, why not?

I didn’t think we were ready to serve pre-built binaries for non-default variants.  If we are, great.

I was working on darktable at that point.  I wanted to ensure that it would build successfully in a clean environment and ideally on other operating system versions.

I still don’t know.  When I post (as ctreleaven at macports.org), it sometimes goes through to the list and sometimes doesn’t.  I don’t know if other recipients get these emails or not.  I don’t get a bounce message or messages.