Reinplace warnings

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Tue Mar 21 12:07:52 UTC 2017

1) What happens if my port uses ‘reinplace -q …’ but the user hasn’t updated to MacPorts 2.4.1?  Does the port fail or is the -q flag ignored?

2) My MythTV ports have scores of Perl and Python scripts where I need to reinplace the shebang lines.  That works but the user now gets over 100 reinplace warnings.  As the port maintainer, I may sometimes want to see those warnings to assure myself that they remain harmless.  Would it be possible to have the ‘port -d ‘ flag override the ‘-q’ flag so that I can see the warnings when needed?

Craig
(Not in the archive, try sending from new ML subscription.)